Sunday, December 29, 2019

"The Lord is My Salvation"

Many of you, my readers, might remember Joshua. He is the little baby that I helped to deliver whose mom was addicted to drugs, HIV positive, and very unhealthy. Joshua was abandoned by his mother and I lovingly took care of him for two weeks as he went through withdraw. I sang to him, rocked him constantly, and prayed over him. Finally, when he was strong enough to transition from the clinic social services documented that he was abandoned and needed to be take to an orphanage. Without being to specific to protect him, he is in a place that takes good care of him. They said I could visit anytime and thoughout his life I have gone to see him often as I can. However, with my stint in the States, I had not seen him for a long time. I was finally able to go and he celebrated his 1st Birthday 5 mths ago. He is a big boy now walking all around. I wasn't sure how the visit would go since I had been gone so long. But, like always with his back to me he recognized my voice and came walking up to me. He had a book to read and sat on my lap to happily read. He gravitated to me and loved to sit in my lap while the rest of his class played around us. He continues to be developmentally on track, healthy, and has the most beautiful personality. The staff comment that he continues to be a favorite among them even though they are very loving to all the young children. He is old enough to know when people leave so I was concerned about that but he stood at the railing waving goodbye to me with is cute little hand. Of course this both made my day and made my heart ache a bit as I drove away. This kid is a beautiful reminder of transformation. While we tried so hard with his mother and the end was not what we hoped. Joshua is a little boy who is happy, healthy, and has a smile that lights up a room. He is secure and happy so for those things I celebrate. The results are not entirely what we hoped but this little boy has a chance at life which is what we are all about because of Jesus! 


Come right into his presence with thanksgiving.Come bring you thank-offering to himand affectionately bless his beautiful name! For the Lord is always good and ready to receive you.He's so loving that it will amaze you--so kind that it will astound you!And he is famous for his faithfulness toward all.Everyone knows our God can be trusted,for he keeps his promises to every generation! 

(Psalm 100: 4-5, TPT)


1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful story. Your love shines in him. Your work is so important.

    ReplyDelete