Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In the steps of Paul

I am not afraid to admit that I love to color!  Some have teased that is the only thing that a Children's Ministry Director does!  I know that is far from true but I do love to color!  But, my favorite thing about teaching kids are the ongoing reminders to be like them!  The joy and happiness that is so easily shared.  The sounds of laughter that always shake the sorrow away.  Excitement over new ventures and triumph over challenges are just a few simple profound lessons that "my" kids always are teaching me.  Well over a month ago the kids and I colored this picture of Paul in route.  At the time of coloring this picture I was counting down the days till, like this picture, I would be setting sail.  For the first time in a long time I feel like a kid does on the night before Christmas!  For as of Friday I will have the wonderful opportunity to make the journey of Paul's Fourth Missionary Journey.

I will meet special people of home in Rome for a few days then venture together to:  Naples  & Pompeii, Valletta, Corinth & Athens, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Santorini, Crete, and Venice.  I can't wait for the spiritual enrichment that will come by being at these sites and soaking in the culture.  The next time I color this picture with "my" kids I will have a whole new perspective in how to tell of the sites that Paul visited so that we may continue to be the "beautiful feet that carry good news."

I am so very thankful for the Christmas gifts from family and friends to go towards this trip and the scholarships as well.  This is a much needed personal and vocational enrichment opportunity that I am indeed grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment