Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mykonos

 Mykonos was our next stop for a day.  I tell you what a cruise is definitely the way to go.  My suitcases stay in one place and when I woke up there was a new place to venture!  We were able to take advantage of a more relaxed morning which was nice with breakfast on the boat, processed sights seen, and visited with friends.  Mark, Evelyn, Lynda and I met to enjoy an afternoon on the Greek Island of Mykonos.  It was a beautiful place world-famous with whitewashed buildings.


We ate at a lovely street side cafe along the water.  I loved all these little unique places to sit eat and enjoy the sights around.  We had a little, more like big, pelican visitor who strutted his stuff along the way like he owned the place!  We enjoyed all the beautiful views of the island.  I loved the balconies that splashed with a little color against the white stone walls and balconies lined with flowers.  There were all kinds of lovely little shops to walk in and out of with all the Greek flair.  It was very easy to get lost in between the buildings and narrow pathways.  After we walked around and took pictures we stopped for an afternoon treat.  The Greek Coffee and Baklava was a must try while being in Greece.  Stops like these refreshed the the body and mind for me.  The beauty found in knew sights reminded me just how marvelous our Creator is when He made the Earth.  I just love knew sights filled with new people, beauty, and culture that broaden my thinking.    





No comments:

Post a Comment