Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sawyer is Here!




Sawyer Nicholas Wagoner 
was born July 8th weighing 6lbs 15 ounces
 
I received the message from my mom that the time for Sawyer's arrival was close.  These are moments that one fights the sadness of being so far away!  I was to lead staff devotions Monday morning and got the message as I made my way to the group.  I made my friends aware of the excitement of the arrival and even though they do not really talk about these kind of things until the baby is actually here they embraced the excitement with me.  They can easily do so because there is not a term for a niece or nephew really in Kiswahili other than by description saying this is the child of my sister or brother.  This is because a niece or nephew is considered one of your children.  Which I believe Aunt Christie and I will happily take on as we think of our 5 cuties!  In the middle of my devotion the message came through from my brother with a precious picture of Sawyer being laid with Lindsey.  Sawyer was here!!!  The workers looked at me in anticipation of the news and I was able to shout, "he is here!"  I wasn't alone and able to share the news with friends!  They shouted with glee and immediately prayed for Sawyer that his life be blessed in the name of the Lord.  This is one of those moments that forms family so far away.  My worlds to the best that they can being on their places of the globe came together to form a cherished moment for me.  My friends celebrating as family and my family welcoming our new little bundle of joy!  I thankfully have been able to FaceTime with all of the kids.  Adelynn is even quite the pro and hopefully will at least recognize my voice when I finally get to hold her for the first time.  I am so thankful for technology that helps to be a part as best as you can but I long to snuggle my new little babies in the family!  Shelby and Ethan love their little brother and I believe Nick (my brother) and Lindsey are pretty proud as well.  And Sawyer, Aunt Wendy loves you all the way from Tanzania!

        

Prayer Points~

  • May Sawyer indeed be blessed in the name of the Lord.  May he grow everyday to be strong, wise, courageous, a friend, and child of God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment