Thursday, September 5, 2013

Karibu Shuleni Petro

Many of you remember the 12/13 year old boy of our worker Johnnamed Petro.  He came for our Kids Fun Day when we had ALL the workers kids here at the center.  We believe that he struggles with cerebral palsy.  Heidi Wash was such a good little friend to Peter and I have been praying about ways that we could bring a little sunshine to his days.  It breaks my heart that there is no assistance and often those with disabilities are looked at as a curse to their family.  John and his wife love Peter often John will ask if there is medicine anywhere in the world that would help his son.  Our class of kids coming to the Training Center is a good number and the ages make it manageable to invite Peter to come to school for the morning with the church planter kids.  My prayer is that we will teach the church planter kids service and how to have a heart for those who might struggle with physical disabilities.  I shared my heart for offering the opportunity with Annah and Catherinewho were very much on board to welcome Peter.  Last week before the church planter families arrivedvwe invited Peter to school for the morning.  Carrie, Annah, Catherine, Joann and I were all there for the morning of blessing with Petro!  I wanted to see what kinds of things and activities Peter responds to before we had a classroom of kids.  I also decided that my little Milo the MD (missionary dog) with his love for kids and intuition when there is a physical problem should befriend Peter.  I was moved as we sat Peter outside and I gradually let Milo out of his carrier.  All five of us were in different places around and are ALL people Milo loves dearly.  I thought it would take Milo a circle of greetings and snuggles with others before he reached Peter.  But to my teary eyes Milo slowly walked straight to Peter and snuggled up beside him.  Milo waited patiently while Peter got control of his arm and slowly began to pet him. Milo would change positions and try to sneak in a kiss or two on the cheeck.  Peter kept his eyes on Milo and would get so very excited!  It was very sweet to watch them.  Peter loves to swing but he was not ready until we had Milo with us as well!!  I love my dog.  He is a great little companion for me but I still realize he is a dog.  But, today I truly couldn't be more proud and happy to have this four legged friend along on this journey of loving those God continues to place in our path!  Enjoy these pictures of a day of blessing 
with a sweet boy named Petro and a sweet little dog named Milo!   










Prayer Points~

  • This week was the first week for church planter families.  We gave Peter the week off till the kids adapted to living and the daily schedule the first week.  Pray for my team as we discover ways to include Peter in class, stimulate his mind, and help the kids welcome Peter.  
  • Annah, Catherine and myself as we meet the needs of the class and help Peter.  My dear friend Megan Carter in the States who works with kids with special needs has given us a lot of great ideas.  
  • May this entire class be blessed for the first time in his entire life Peter gets to go to a school!

No comments:

Post a Comment