Sunday, November 10, 2013

Snowing in Africa!

 My friends the Stansbury's sent a package in Feb with the team that came of "white fun" that promised to become snow when one adds water.  I decided to save it for a special activity with kids and it made a wonderful concluding activity with this group of kids as I explained about going to the States for furlough.  I told them that even though it is HOT HOT here it was COLD COLD where I am going.  It was fun to share with them about my "other" home where friends and family are.  The powder like material indeed became snow and actually I was amazed!  It was even cold to the touch and the kids had a ball!  We had it come out of our hands explaining how it comes from the sky.  With their little hands stretched out to catch the snow like material it was just like watching kids in the States stand outside for the first snow of the season.  The kids wrote their numbers, letters, and names in the material while giggling to one another.  What a joyous day with this group of kids that I will treasure in my heart!






No comments:

Post a Comment