Monday, February 4, 2019

Sweet words from one of our new 3 year olds!!



Teacher Marietha  - "Ombeni, what do you want to do when you are big like me?"

Ombeni - "The work of God!"


This question is one we ask the kids for the child sponsorship program. I get a lot of interesting answers to this question. One we probably again take for granted in western countries. Children dream of what they want to be or become. Here kids are usually surviving for the day never asked what they want to be one day. The silence to the question is the one I find the saddest when asking the kids here. So, it is with great delight that I share little Ombeni's response today. It made me smile! His dad is one of our workers here and I believe this is just a little glimpse of the transformation happening in this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment