Sunday, June 30, 2013

Crete


Crete was a fun little stop.  We had a lecture from Dr. Lawson about "Loving God with All Your Mind" but kinda traded a bit with his following lecture of "Church without Walls."  Because some of us needed a little help understanding some things of Ephesus after our time there.  We took a bus into the older part of Crete along the water.  We walked around and had a yummy simple lunch.

Paul set sail from Crete on his voyage which ended in shipwreck.  I have been overwhelmed by the opportunity to walk in the ancient cities where the gospel was proclaimed and visited by Paul.  I was humbled to have stood on the very ground where Paul stood.  Similar to Paul, I know some of the difficulty that can occur trying to travel to places for ministry while living here in Tanzania.  I looked at that big ocean, especially at night, and was humbled by what Paul challenged as he traveled on small fishing boats place to place.  Along with the endurance and opposition that occurred once he got there.   We were on such a huge ship with all the conveniences and still felt small as I looked out at sea.  I can't imagine what Paul must have felt like at times being tossed around by the sea.  A great deal comes to life when given the opportunity to visit places like these and continues to minister to my heart.  One thing is for sure!  I want to be like Paul when I grow up!! 















Prayer Points~

  • today is the rescheduled date for an election for Arusha.  Pray for peace 
  • My bad ear continues to give me a bit of trouble wondering if it has a bit to do with the colder temps right now
  • Beginning this week I am starting a Mommas and young babies group of five wives of our workers here at CMF Center Site.  We will fellowship together, have lessons on cleanliness, health, and God's love.  





No comments:

Post a Comment