Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Whole New World

I could currently identify with the title Tangled!  Of course my hair is about as short as hers is long but in Disney it is all about creativity, imagination, and dreams (right?!!)  For one week, as a guest of my dad, I ventured to the Happiest Place on Earth.  This was my first time back to Disney Parks as an adult.  It was an interesting time but very enjoyable.  However, I found at times that it could turn from the happiest place on earth to the scariest place at a flip of a switch! I witnessed on several occasions what happens when that many children in one location do not have their proper nap a part of the itinerary!  At times I was a bit overly stimulated but I found many moments to treasure while there!

I do not remember dressing up like any of the princesses.  I do remember singing like Ariel, "part of that world" or Jasmine, "A whole New World!"  You get the idea.  I do remember singing those songs and longing to use the same adventurous spirit in the world those characters usually sang about.  I remember the ride Its a Small World as my favorite as a little girl.  As I stood in line as an adult I got misty eyed as I looked around at the silly cardboard cut outs of world skylines.  The emotion stemmed from the same feeling that I feel today.  Could it be?  Can God truly create me with a specific make up that yearns till it finds its way back to Him?!  Of course He can!  My God created me with a make up that loves the skylines of the world and the people that fill them!  My curiosity for lands other than my own is a love gift from my Creator.  And that He could use a silly ride as a young girl to whisper those longings within is a beautiful thing.  Better yet that he can use the silly ride last month is comical to me and yet so very precious as well.  At the end of the ride when all the kids of all the nationalities were in white dancing is the moment that brought a joy but also deep burden to my heart.  What a day it will be like when all "my kids" of the world will dance before their King!  (The JOY part!)  But, the burden as I got myself out of the boat that there still are so many of the kids that need to know!  (burden)  Can the Lord use a silly ride?  When your heart is in community with the Heavenly Father He yearns to use all the moments that fill my day to bring me to Him!  This was my "happy" moment as I remembered treasuring this ride as a young girl and what it reminded me to always treasure as a young woman!      










Yes, I always wanted to be Mary Poppins!  And the fireworks show at Epcot also had me in tears.  I enjoyed the display of the different cultures and realized how blessed that I am.  Animal Kingdom was great but a little anticlimactic for me after living it!  But, I have such a heart of gratitude that I do not need a place to go to imagine what life in another world is like.  I have lived my version of Ariel on two legs wobbling around a land that is not my own.  I will sing at times to the top of my lungs and continue this life of adventure instead of merely dreaming about it.







No comments:

Post a Comment